Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Weird. January 25, Then and Now

A year ago today I was sitting in this airport.

A year ago today I was anxiously waiting the fate of our next 7 days, unsure of what they would hold.

A year ago today I was at the final stages of a long awaited journey.

Haiti had been on my heart since college. And it never came to fruition.

A year ago today, it did.

Then, I was heading to Haiti for medical disaster relief with Compassion International. (You can see the story and updates by clicking on the link.) Our time there was unspeakable. Here are some of the words Scott Todd, our trip leader was able to put together for Compassion's blog. My musings aren't quite as eloquent.

Now, I sit at the airport and await a new adventure with Compassion. And a much longer plane ride. And this time pregnant. Life is much different Now than Then.

But no matter how much time passes, I can still smell the smells, I can still see the faces, and I can still taste the pain of a country devastated. And they will forever be in my heart.

But Now, it's time to look ahead to a new country and to new relationships. Kenya, here we come.


No comments:

Post a Comment