Saturday, July 31, 2010

If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow

This may sound like a repeat of my most recent post "It's kinda funny..." but I think I need the reminder of how that one finished out.

I've had a "If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I" kind of week.

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" is a fantastic song. Not just musically, but emotionally. It translates across so many emotional states that you can apply it to just about any situation. Even those of you who aren't the dreamer type can relate to a wanting for hope, and seeming to find it all around you without it being your own.

My somewhere over the rainbow will come with a new future. And lots of time. Frankly it's disappointing to see your life change unexpectedly, and mostly unnecessarily, but it happens. Rolling with the punches is trying when you're tired and worn. But when all the clouds darken up the skyways, there's a rainbow highway to be found.

Thanks to all who have stood by me during the disappointment, and for those who will continue to do so. Special props to Tammy Tra(y)bosh, Ashley Hanson, and my very favorite Heather Rubin for countless minutes (and future hours) of painful conversations and encouraging words with heartfelt empathy and void of cliche. And also to my mom for today's feel-better-and-look-cute gift of duo Buxom gloss in Pixie and Lacey. It's nice to have tingly pink lips to cover up a mending heart.

Tomorrow starts a new week. A new day. I'll look beyond the rain, somewhere over the rainbow... way up high.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone (in the usual Broadway song and dance style)

No comments:

Post a Comment